Updated: Friday 10th July 2020, 12:46pm
Reopening of Discovery Fraser Tours:
Fraser Island reopened to day visitors from May 16th 2020 and our Discovery Fraser Day Tour begins again from the first week of July. Due to the new environment we find ourselves in, Discovery Fraser Tours have made some necessary changes to minimise the risk of covid-19 on our tours and in our work spaces. Thus, guests from July 1st 2020 will notice our staff undertaking new procedures during our tours and before and after hire vehicle/camper bookings.
We recommend checking for any restrictions which may impact your ability to travel!
We recommend viewing the Queensland Government's road map to easing restrictions and the Health Direct covid-19 restriction checker websites regarding any restrictions which may impact your ability to travel prior to making a new booking.
Health and Safety First:
The safety and well-being of our guests, team and the wider community remains our top priority. Thus, the following is a summary of the measures we'll be undertaking to minimise the risk of covid-19.
Precautionary measures for Discovery Fraser Day Tour:
- All guests will be required to complete a short questionnaire prior to travel. All information collected will remain confidential and is a necessary step for us in minimising the risk of covid-19 on our tours.
- Temperature checks will be conducted by our guide, prior to boarding our vehicle, at the beginning of each tour.
- Any person exhibiting flu like or respiratory symptoms at the beginning of the tour will not be permitted to join the tour. If you hold a booking and begin to display symptoms before your tour, we ask that you contact our team as soon as possible.
- The use of hand sanitiser will be required by all guests throughout the tour.
- Guests will be required to refrain from changing seats throughout the day.
- Vehicles will undergo sanitising throughout the day, as well as undergoing a thorough sanitising and cleaning at the end of each tour.
- Any person on board the tour who begins to display flu like or respiratory symptoms will be asked to wear a mask for the remainder of the day.
Please note that as per the Queensland Tourism Industry Council's announcement on July 3rd, our buses are able to be filled to capacity meaning guests may be sharing a vehicle with up to 20 others.
Precautionary measures for Discovery Fraser Hire Vehicles/Camper Trailers:
- All persons hiring a vehicle or camper trailer will be required to complete a short questionnaire prior to receiving arriving at our depot. All information collected will remain confidential and is a necessary step for us in minimising the risk of covid-19 in our workspace and in our vehicles and camper trailers.
- Vehicles/camper trailers will undergo a thorough sanitising and cleaning at the end of each hire period.
- Any person exhibiting flu like symptoms, or who has been in a hotspot, as declared by the Queensland Government, in the last 2 weeks, is asked not to visit our depot.
- Staff exhibiting symptoms will not be permitted to complete their shift on site.
Tour Bookings between March 23rd and June 30th 2020:
Discovery Fraser Tours suspended all tours from March 23rd to June 30th inclusive. We're working hard to ensure anyone who had a booking with us between these dates is being looked after. We apologise that some processing times are taking much longer than expected. Guests who booked directly can choose to change their booking into an open dated voucher, which is valid for travel for 24 months, change the date of their booking into the future, or to cancel their booking and request a refund. We are not imposing a fee to make any of these changes, however date changes may be subject to fare differences.
We'd like to remind guests that if you have booked through a travel agent, you will need to contact your agent directly to discuss your options.
Bookings beyond June 30th 2020:
We understand that for many, travel booked beyond June 30th 2020 will need to be delayed or rethought as a result of covid-19. If you have a booking with us beyond this date which was made prior to the pandemic, we're still offering guests the option to make changes to bookings without a fee but recommend you contact us as soon as possible to advise of your situation.
For those making new bookings with a travel date beyond July 1st 2020, we're still offering free changes and amendments if more than 48 hours notice is received should your circumstances change between making the booking and your date of travel. Thus, we recommend contacting us early if you need to make any booking amendments.
Again, we remind guests who booked through an agent that they will need to contact their agent directly to discuss options bookings.
Our team remains contactable via phone and email from Monday through to Saturday if you would like to speak with someone.